View Single Post

Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.

I'd like to see two games, both based on the gameplay mechanics of MGS (sneaking missions) but not nessicarily called MGS.

Game #1: A sneaking mission game that's emphasis is back on the gameplay oposed to the story. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the story for MGS1-4, but I'd like to see a game based more on your ability to sneak and being rewarded for it.

Keep the codec, keep the ability to procure information about the story on-site, but ditch the cutscenes and overly dramatic speeches. Ditch all the lead up scenes and emotions. The main character should be so detached from the story that they could even make the main character creatable. Even give you options for reactions to codec conversations.

Game #2: A 1-8 player co-op sneaking mission game. This may sound crazy, but the idea is inspired by portable ops.

Imagine: Random generated millitary bases and buildings with randomly generated goals. Be it downloading some data from a locked down server, procuring an item of interest to the government, taking a photo to prove the existense of some weapon, or even kidnapping or assasinating someone who's on the base.

Each team member has different abilities (MGS PO style). Some have stonger senses, some are better at shooting with different weapons, some have better hacking abilities.. some more willpower. Strength, atletisism, health/vitality, and even some better at imitation (dress up as a guard, talk like one) etc etc.

Example gameplay mechanics:
- There are 5 patrol areas and 6 men guarding them at all times. The guards play tag and move from area to area and are replacing each other every 10 minutes. So if you knock someone out at the wrong time, their absense will be noticed and security will increase and be on caution.
-If someone on the player's team is found out or captured, based on their willpower they will reveal in a certain amount of time that they are part of a team which will cause general security to be tighter. And eventually they will break down and reveal what the target is, making security at the target be higher.
-Someone with strong hacking ability could break into the security's mainframe and gain access to all of their security cameras. Set up shop and be dispath to communicate what's being seen by certain cameras.
-Maybe an area requires you shutting off the electricity in a certain area. Once it's shut down, maybe there's a certain time limit before someone reacts to it and turns it back on, so you only have a small window of opertunity.
-Radio waves can be jammed too, handicaping both your team and the enemy.

Different scores can be given at the end of each run, and the best score given to the groups that are absolutly ghosts. No indication ever given to the enemy that people were even there attacking. There should also be incentive to finish the mission, even if you're discovered and it's sloppy. Abandoners should be given the worst treatment.

Also, after completing mission objectives. Everyone should have to escape the facility and meet up at a rendezvous spot. Some missions can purposely be made easier to complete the objective then they are to escape.

If anyone who's reading this can tell, I'm bored and have too much time on my hands.