View Single Post

Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #38
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests

Quote:
I think people are singling out Catholicism because that is the religion whose priests are &%$#ing little boys, but I could be wrong. /joke
I'm well aware that you're joking, but it seems absurd to think only Catholic priests are the ones committing these crimes. There is no way that I'll believe no Muslims, Jews, Christians, Mormons or even Amish are doing it. It's just easiest for someone who wants to be close to little boys to fake believing in God to become a priest.

While I do, and don't agree with you on the celibacy thing.
I don't think it's priests who are so in the want for sexual connection that they go to rape little boys. Because A) If they're actual priests and believe in God, there is no way they'd think of doing that and B) That's a large assumption to make. If me or you are celibate, I don't think we'd resort to little boys.

Like I said, I think it all basically lies with the fact the Catholic church has a really weak way of scanning candidates for priests.

It's like if banks didn't have a vault, and left one person in charge of all the money. Now, upstanding citizens like me or you might not steal the money because we have fear of the law. But what would be stopping someone who wanted the job for the sole desire of taking money from the bank, if they never stop to think of repercussions.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.