View Single Post

Re: Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit

Here's some details on what Spiderman 4 would have been and what let's call it the Amazing SPiderman will be.

Quote:
Spider-Man 4:
-Peter and MJ have a baby
-The villains would have been the Vulture (apparently the new editor of the Daily Bugle?), the Black Cat (later retooled into the "Vulturess" at the studio's request), and possibly a third villain
-Script was even worse than Spider-Man 3's
-Anne Hathaway was gone from the project late last year (which is probably what spurned Sony into changing Black Cat into Vulturess)
I don't know if ever posted news on the Vulturess on the forum, but I thought that was a terrible idea when it was leaked a couple of months ago. I never get the need to create characters (Especially major ones) in a series that has so many villains, secondary characters to pull from.

The baby didn't help Superman Returns and it wouldn't have helped this movie.

Quote:
Reboot:
-Apparently much better than the SM4 script
-Already finished, completed at the same time as SM4 as a contingency plan in case Raimi walked
-Described as more TDK than Spider-Man, with none of the "fluff" (whatever that may mean)
-The reboot is the first part in a new trilogy
No one is going to say the movie they are currently filming is much worse than the one they canned so that's just dumb.

And I REALLY REALLY hope people get the essence of Spider-man this is like the 3rd reference I've seen to it being darker, and I just don't like it. Spiderman isn't dark, hell the guy wears red and blue, don't turn him into Batman because it did so well.

Also on a slightly related note, some of you may have known that James Cameron originally had a treatment for Spiderman way back in the early 90s before the series got tangled in legal mess, I'm not sure what ever happened to it, but I know that some of it was absolved into the Raimi films such as organic webbing.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away