Re: DC/Marvel at The Animated Movies Thread
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: DC/Marvel at The Animated Movies Thread

Okay some quick notes.

-One, switching movies for next two weeks, since Iron Man 2 comes out next week, I figured made more sense to watch Invincible Iron Man than and the following week we will do Ultimate Avengers 2.

-Second, been sticking to the schedule for the most part so here are two brief reviews.

Ultimate Avengers

I've read the comics its based on now, and not liking the comic, also makes me appreciate this movie even less if that makes sense. :lol

The movie does too much too fast, and has no real flow. Actually, this is the same complaint I will have about the next movie. :lol

After reading the comics, they pretty much gloss over the aspect of getting the team together. The alien invasion reminds me too much of the JLA's origins, but eh.

All in all, I recommend only checking out if you come across it.

Next movie, just finished watching.

Like I said above, it has the same flaws as the above movie. Its all action with a poor sense of plotting. The plot is almost non-existant with it just serving to break up the 3 fights between Superman and Brainiac.

But the BIGGEST problem I have with this movie is the treatment of Lex Luthor. He is neither shroud businessman nor evil scientist. He is some weird, alternate Lex who is into grand-standing way too much. He even utters to Superman once "Rooting for you pal" not in some sarcastic tone either. It was AWFUL.

My Recommendation is to pass this movie. I can't believe from the same folks who did Superman TAS!

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away