View Single Post

Re: In Westboro I was born and raised...
Old 04-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #22
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: In Westboro I was born and raised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
Being that God created everyone, Canadians, Americans, The Taliban, Insurgents, Australians, The Dutch, The Nazi's, Jews, Black People, Muslims, Buddhists, Brits, The French - he sure isn't pissed off that half of them want to kill the other half, let alone don't even believe in him.

Vengeful God was much more exciting than the God that hates fags and brown people. Vengeful God loved brown people, and hated white people. Those were the days.
God, in a Christian sense, has never hated "brown people". In fact, most of the oppression of foreign `savages' was in a misguided effort to save them through religious conversion. We can argue the results, but there was no hate. In fact, you could say there was mainly love.

Secondly, God may or may not be pissed at people for killing each other. If the 10 commandments are accurate and God exists, I'd say he is. Then again, New Testament God also gave Men free will and reserves punishment for the afterlife, so there nay be plenty of comeuppance... we just don't know.

Also, Typh, your signature quote is also theologically inaccurate. Jesus would have never mandated that a government seize property (taxes) by force and then redistribute that property. Jesus 1) was post-national and did not believe in the power of nations/governments and 2) he believed that people should be charitable of their own volition. That whole free will thing.

In the end, people need to mind their own fucking business. You want to join a bigoted church and hate gays? Go right ahead, just keep in to yourself, and keep your mouths fucking shut.