View Single Post

Re: 2017 TV (what will you watch)
Old 02-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
BlueFire
The World Ends with Poo

Now Playing: Brawl
Default Re: 2017 TV (what will you watch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
I enjoyed it, but must confess I have not and probably will not ever read the books. I know some book readers are pretty annoyed by the changes and the fact that the show has gotten ahead of the books in some how, but it really doesn't bother me.

The only thing I didn't like is how long the Church vs Crown thing went on for. It felt like every episode that involved that stuff was basically repeating the same lines over and over. The plot developed very slowly and it took like two whole seasons.

I also don't understand how the Church was so powerful to begin with. In the first few seasons the gold cloaks that Cersei commanded were seemingly invincible. No one had any sway over here at all because of that.

Then in this season the church comes along with a bunch of peasants wearing burlap sacks and somehow they hold the power? If that's all it takes to conquer King's Landing I don't know why every other nation in the world isn't converging upon on them, if they are that weak.

That said I loved the finale, with the fire and Tommen's jump.
Yes, the Sparrow storyline went on for far too long. You could tell they were trying to save most of their budget for the Battle of the Bastards and finale episodes. I hope they don't do that this season. Some episodes can be a real drag. I think I remember reading that the last two seasons will have less episodes, but if that means great episodes from start to end, then I'm ok with that.

Also, Arya's storyline was somewhat interesting (although also way too drawn out), but I was really annoyed by the resolution of the Braavos storyline. She got stabbed and it definitely looked like a mortal wound! But no, she just needed one night to recover and then she was fine with running across the entire fucking city, lmao.

I know it's a fantasy show, but GoT was always fairly grounded in reality, imo.

But yes, the finale was awesome. RIP Margaery

My friend lent me the first book. I've been putting it off but I'll give it a read eventually.