View Single Post

Re: Superman: The Man of Steel
Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #29
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

While I agree with the Pa Kent bit, I liked the movie as a whole. Well, maybe more so that it set a good stage for the future connected DC movie universe.

Cavill IS Superman. After being submitted to Batman movies with (IMO) some imposter, having this movie make me believe that that was Superman on the screen was a breath of fresh air (and a relief).

Plus going into the movie I had low expectations. All I wanted was for Superman to punch someone. And boy did I get that. Actually DC proper movies have been absolute shit since...almost ever (look at their track record...it's depressing), so getting a passable movie was nice for a change.

Not sure how involved Nolan was with the story. I know as the producer I heard he was almost completely hands off. You also had Goyer as the writer once again. Feel like he'll be writing every DC movie now since those have been the only successful ones sadly. He's also co-writing the Superman and Batman one with Snyder. Have yet to see Sucker Punch so haven't experienced Snyder's writing first hand.

So yeah, I'm primarily content that I got a DC movie I didn't hate. Good foundation with room for improvement. Fingers crossed on how they handle Batman for the sequel.

Man, I really want to like the Half in the Bag guys. They lost me on their TKDR review. They loved that to death.

Thought Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman had a good discussion between two guys with very different views on the film. (If you know about Smith's experience with trying to write Superman previously, the tentacle machine is pretty funny. I'm just hoping that was a nod to Brainiac, and maybe setting him up, since similar to how his ship is portrayed.)

And this one more played for laughs:

Last edited by Teuthida : 07-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.