View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #326
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
It's the same dumb argument when people say Mass Effect has realistic graphics, and some guy comes in, "Woah woah waoh, realistic!? There's aliens!"

I'd say that's a little difference because graphical quality of a video game and Universal canon of a comic book-turned-TV-show are a little different things to comparatively debate.

I know what you're getting at with that...but you're supposed to suspend disbelief for both things...

The aliens in ME don't bother (general) you, because your disbelief is suspended considering you're a space ninja trying to save the Universe. But in Walking Dead, the zombies are your aliens, so to suddenly go "woah woah, that dude shouldn't be able to walk on that leg" seems a little nit-picky, when the Universe is full of zombie-aliens from space.

But if they said time passed, then that solved that.
Even though I'm defending the side of "it seems silly to pick on that part", I don't remember them even saying time had passed, or when they said it, or how much time was supposed to have passed. :s

Edit: Also Carl is starting to piss me off. Fucking dumb kid. I'm with Shane now. Ever since he said "stop looking for ways to get yourself killed, man." That kid is just fascinated with shotgun deer and mudzombies with guns.

"Alright guys, we've got like 10 minutes to fill for the next episode. What can we do there? Can Lori complain about something?
"No, no. She's already complained for 8 minutes."
"What about Shane? Can we get some closeups on his crazy face?"
"No...no. That's how we started and ended the other 5 episodes."
"Fuck, okay. Can we get Rick to do some down to earth monologue?"
'The guy who writes Rick is in the bathroom."
"Fuck. Just make Carl...I don't know...make him stare at a fucking zombie or something. I don't care. We need an episode."
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.