Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff
Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #70
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Now Playing: Borderlands 2, DKCR3D, TLoU: Remastered
Default Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Just finished watching Gurren Lagann. That has got to be the most upbeat inspirational show there is.

Trying to find shows now that I can learn from (in terms of action/fighting). I started Casshern Sins a while back but stopped early on because the subbers like to only put out super high res files that my computer can't run. Got some nice low res ones now.

Any recommendations for shows/movies with some high quality animation for the fight scenes? Or specific episodes of different series that stand out since a lot depends on the key animator for each. Like how Yutaka Nakamura did this scene:

Almost makes me want to watch FMA.

Also, does anyone know of any video player where you can go frame by frame other than Quicktime? Surprisingly hard to find one that will play all formats. Can get Window Media Player to do it forward with a lot of clicking but not back.
I believe you can give that a shot with VLC or Media Player Classic.

FMA: Brotherhood has some amazing fight scenes and animation pretty much throughout. The show will be ending in June and there's about 57 episodes up right now. Plenty of time to catch up.

Please don't watch the original FMA because the story gets a little retarded. The only big benefit from that really is the movie which is awesome. But you have to watch the series to see it.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4790-6369