Re: 24: Day 8 Jack's Back
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
Thespis721
Duke

Now Playing: Ninja Gaiden 2
Default Re: 24: Day 8 Jack's Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko View Post
I thought the show, from a standpoint of entertainment, was pretty lame for 3.5 of the 4 hour premiere. And here we are, complaining about lights?
Yes I'm complaining about lights. But you're taking it too literally. I'm referring to the laziness of their attention to details, the logistical details of the show. I'm using these as examples of that laziness. The problem is that if this is the precedent that they show in terms of their connection, then the season is in for some serious trouble.

Ever since Season 1, the show has a serious lack of logic growing exponentially with every season. S1 wasn't perfect, but it was thought out, carefully constructed, and is the biggest reason why people love 24. This reached a height in season six when it seemed like NOTHING MADE SENSE and plots were mashed so much that they didn't make any sense. Then they tried to fix that with Season 7 and given the amount of time they had to plan, due to the strike, it was pretty successful. But now it feels they are falling back into Season six issues here in season 8.

If I were going to blame anyone, I'd blame the creative team. Biggest difference, from season 1 to season 2 and beyond. The director of S1 was no longer working with them and they replaced him with Jon Cassar... that jerk off.