View Single Post

Re: New Watchmen Trailer
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #60
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: New Watchmen Trailer

Reading the IGN review reminded me of something I thought about during the end of the movie, but completely forgot after which may make it a moot point, but still.

Quote:
On the surface level, making Doctor Manhattan the scapegoat sounds like a great alternative... until you realize that there is simply no way the countries of the world are going to set aside their differences and join hands in peace after America's ultimate super-weapon -- which he has been touted as for the whole film -- is to blame for the deaths of millions. The U.S. and U.S.S.R. are at the very brink of war, remember. Complete and total nuclear annihilation is at hand, with the rest of the world wondering if America might use the blue-skinned ace it has up its sleeve (as it did to win in Vietnam)
Mimicking Dr. M's powers made sense especially after snapping on live TV, but yeah why wouldn't the rest of the world view it as America's weapons gone rouge or wild. Why would other countries form up with the US? I can see them forming their own union to protect themselves, but really why include the US if responsible for this mess.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away