View Single Post

Old 01-27-2002, 11:38 AM   #3
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Well since I've read 3 out of those 4 poems... in case I have never complained before.. My damn teacher is a poem frantic and believes that it will be important for the AP exam in May.. which is true looking and some of the examples of the test he showed us.. anyhow..... a breif review on each I guess...

Naming of Parts Is a poem about new recruits in the army. It shows the effect of war just throwing in soldiers even without proper training... As the drill sergeant is talking to the new recruits the other is juxtaposing them with the garden outside.. The garden is a bit more organized and a bit better off for it.. well the soldiers are being taught to do all these things but as they keep bringing up they have a lack of skill for it... the other also enforces yet a 3rd meaning into this poem as it deals with the effect war has one's personal and sex live.. As not only are they teaching the recruits how to operate a gun but also how to get along with a partner of the opposite sex.. and for those of you dumb enough not to know what I mean.. they are teaching them how to masturbate.....Sick but when you have no one else I guess that is what they are left with...

I'll write more if anyone replies

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Last edited by Shadow_Link : 01-27-2002 at 02:50 PM.