Re: The Dark Knight Rises
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #79
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
To each their own, I guess. Personally, I thought DKR was thematically terrifying and the first "important" comic book movie, as it was a metaphor for very real and modern concerns. Also, the way it was filmed was unique for a comic book movie to that point. It was filmed like a crime thriller, with realistic settings (Chicago). This made for a far more engaging story, IMO, because it felt real and not like a fantasy.

Juxtapose that with the original movie that felt like pure fantasy. I still think the original is a good movie, but it's striking how different two versions of the same universe can be, and how both versions can be extremely successful.
This. The themes it delved into and the gritty real feel of TDK are what set it apart for me. I love it. I must have seen it five times now, which is rare for me... except for mediocre movies that come on TV free over and over. Why do those snare me so often? Something about the cost.

I like the Voice... almost always. One exception is the one near the end of TDK with the Joker. One sentence, three long breaths. Then again Batman probably was out of breath.

Man, Kevin Smith is a consistently funny guy.