View Single Post

Re: North Carolina Votes to make gay marriage unconstituational
Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #14
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: North Carolina Votes to make gay marriage unconstituational

Quote:
The right to bear arms has nothing to do with "British Invasion".
Even though I only put that in there for a tongue-in-cheek lark; You needed the militia to defend yourself from the Redcoats because you didn't have a significant standing army at the time (compared to the British). The militia was your army. Now that your country has a massive professional army, and it's hundreds of years in the future, I think the militia thing is a little passe - unless you guys want to pick and choose other archaeic few-hundred-year-old things to live by. I haven't been to a good witch burning in a while. I also haven't stolen any land from any Indians lately - I could probably use a whole lot more of that in my life. I also believe this is a man's world, and we should take back the vote from those fucking dames. That's how the founders wanted it, damnit. If Jesus wanted it any other way he would have told them to found the country like that initially.

The civil war is over - The whole "The government can turn on the citizens, so we need a constant militia" thing is a pretty 3rd world outlook. You're not in Libya or Uzbekistan. There are no child soldiers; and if there are it's only because guns are legal and they stole them from their parents. Your army will not open fire on your people, unless you're a college student linking arms with other college students (too bad those kids didn't have guns!).

Plus I doubt many gays have weapons (Even thought they are Godless heathens, you'd think those Communist-pinkos would be all over having a shitload of guns)- I know they can openly serve in the military now; but I don't think they've got it in them to steal tanks and planes to start another civil war over the civil rights of a group of people; so I think you're good on the guns and militia thing.
I'm pretty sure your massive professional army is there to defend you - and if it did turn on you; I doubt a militia of people with hunting rifles, shotguns, and handguns could really compete with the biggest professional military on the planet, which has the most modern tanks, planes, drones, and nukes.

(That is joke, friend)

Seriously, I notice you didn't address the fact you were comparing gun ownership to the rights of a group of people. It's like comparing guns to suffrage, or slavery. Same shit, different era. And it will be equally as silly in retrospect. Like a "I can't believe my great grandfathers-ish generation was against women voting. That's fucking offensive" thing.

Quote:
But many are not necessary, and are therefore bad law because an unnecessary law unnecessarily denies people their rights.
Well I can't not agree with that! Everyone will agree with that. Everyone's idea of a bad law is different though - and your country is so large, and vastly divided (you had a war between two parts of your country BECAUSE they are so different - most countries split up after that) that it's nearly impossible for your entire country to come to a majority decision on anything. (I even bet if you asked that to your people, half would say "we totally agree on a lot of things, you asshole *finds examples*", and the other half would say "That's totally true. We can never agree on anything. It really slows the progress of the country"

Quote:
no one I've heard is talking about denying gay people rights related to their union such as tax benefits, etc. They're denying gay people the ability to define their union with a word they want to reserve only use for men and women. That's the sum total of their ridiculous exercise in semantics.
Even though I'm not gay or Republican, and my country already allows them to get normal-married - I assume it's not about tax benefits.
It's about the word.
One side is saying "What's the big deal? It's just a word. You're still treated pretty much the same" and the other is saying "Exactly. So let us just use that fucking word."

Anyways. I'm just entertaining myself. No need to break down my nonsensical paragraphs. So really, please don't.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.