Thread: The Hobbit
View Single Post

Re: The Hobbit
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #48
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Hobbit

Ok, I saw it in HFR....... and I loved it!!!

Like others have said, it was a bit weird in the first 5 minutes. I thought "wait, isn't Bilbo walking through his house unnaturallly fast?" and "those hands go through that chest way too fast." But as I analyzed it in my mind, I realized it wasn't actually too fast... it just looked way more detailed.
Normally you'd see a blur when somebody moved his hands/feet/whatever really fast. Now you see more detail... and I think your mind has to get used to that.

The difference in framerate was directly noticable by the way. The trailers were in old, low framerate. As soon as the first company logo of The Hobbit started, my friend and I said to eachother "this is it!" It gave a very light headache for just 1 minute or so.

I understand what people mean when they complain. Movies look quite different without the motion blur all the time. You see more detail. Action looks different, less artistic.
I compare it to color movies in the time of black and white movies. The first movies with sound when the rest was still dumb. People said "if I want to see something in color and with sound, I'll look outside the window. Why do we need this in a movie?"
Same thing is happening with HFR. It adds realism, makes it look more like the real world. Some might not like it, but they'll get used to it.

Edit: I asked tickets for "Lord of the Rings 4: The Hobo."