Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife
Old 04-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Default Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantar View Post
Normally I would agree with you, but the martial arts in the movies isn't very well performed or shot at all (it's pretty clear that Milla Jovovich doesn't actually know any martial arts and Paul Anderson doesn't know how to shoot action).
Quote:
She practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in addition to other varieties of martial arts. Jovovich also enjoys playing the guitar, writing in a diary, and writing poems and lyrics for songs.
You would be surprised to learn this? Actually if you must know pretty much any time you see a female doing martial arts in a film, they were picked because they practice some form of martial arts.

Take Sarah Michelle Geller. You know buffy? Picked because she fit the part and she was a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Oh who else... Wesley Snipes has studied martial arts all his life.

I mean yeah most of the big stuff is probably still stunt men and junk, I know especially buffy stuff was mostly handled by stunt girls, but a lot of the episodes were just gellar kicking ass on her own. I can't say how much of RE stuff is Jovavich, but wouldn't say she doesn't know anything about real martial arts.

Well it's 12:20 AM here and I've already proved one person wrong in the day. I can now relax and enjoy the rest of my day.