View Single Post

Nerds on the Rocks Episode 1
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #53
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Nerds on the Rocks Episode 1

Okay, I think we have finally settled on a name. (I really like so it counts for something)

We have a semi-working theme song.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmjjydewjne
Any feedback is appreciated as this whole project is a work in progress.

Now we just need to come up with a recording schedule. TML has agreed to edit the cast, and I'm sure we can find some place to host it.

As stated before, Keaton has agreed to be the host for now (Unless he has changed his mind) and we have a stable of people who want to have their voices heard. At best, want the staff to rotate around the main topic of discussion for the week.

Now for episode 1, we have a lot of ways to go but the basic breakdown.

On The Rocks (Segment One)
Will be the segment where folks talk about what new media they have consumed.
I would like this to be known ahead of time. If nothing else, I want to make sure that everyone on the podcast for the week knows what the other person is talking about. They don't need to know intricate details, but they need to know if its a CD, a movie, a comic series or whatever it is.

Survey Says (Segment Two)
This week is still a toss-up. Depending on when we record and people's purchasing habits, it can either be a discussion of Kick-Ass (the comic and the movie, how it compares and all that jazz) or it can be a look at Splinter Cell: Convinction.

None of us are real pros, but I believe its also NPD week, I don't suggest it.

On Tap (Segment 3)
This is a combination news/look ahead segment.
Depending on the week, it can be a recap of nerd news. New Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, Joss Whedon directing the Avengers, and the likes.

Or it can be a discussion of the movie of the week (Kick-Ass/The Losers), new comics (Brightest Day), Blu-ray/DVD news (LoTR just released), TV shows (24, LOST. W/e)

So here's the thread, want some solid ideas and a firm time.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away