Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #1316
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Rescue Dawn - Steve Zahn was great.

Limitless - Cool concept.

Bronson
- S'ok. Went in with too high expectations I think.

Castaway On The Moon - Loved this movie. A man tries to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge and ends up stranded on a island in the middle of the city where the only one who knows he's there is a shut-in girl who watches him from her apartment window.

Detective Dee And The Mystery Of The Phantom Flame - OK. Another I one I went in with high expectations. The deer fight did not disappoint at least.

Hunger Games
This was an interesting one. I read the books so the movie ended up being a nice companion piece. Pretty much a direct adaptation action wise, but a lot is missing without Katniss's inner monologue. I wonder if things were clear if watched without reading the book.

Dark Man - Not good. Felt sort of like a Batman movie without Batman. Danny Elfman's music helped in that regard.

Hot Rod - Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Cry-Baby - Great movie. Love Hatchet-Face.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 - One of the best of the DC Animated movies, and I didn't really care for the comic it's based on. Usually I won't like at least one voice actor's portrayal in one of these, but this movie was pretty much flawless. And Michael Emerson as the Joker in Part 2. Can't wait.

Bernie - Ehhh. Kind of boring. The townsfolk interviews were the most interesting part.

Snow White & The Huntsman - Very pretty. Creepy fairies.

50/50 - Twas good.

Prometheus - Great looking movie. Everything else... Such a good setup and then blahhhhhhh. Does everything Damon Lindelof write start out great and then ends up as a mess? Michael Fassbender was awesome though.

The Cabin in the Woods - Such a fun movie. A little disappointed the god didn't turn out to be Cthulhu or at least something with tentacles. And so many monsters. Not a horror fan but I love me some monsters.