View Single Post

Re: Bond, James Bond: Thread of 007 Action
Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #41
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Bond, James Bond: Thread of 007 Action

The next movie in this marathon got delayed slightly because for some strange reason only DVD in my set that doesn't work

but a broken disc isn't enough to stop me from watching... hell The World is Not Enough

Yeah the next movie in our Bond-tastic marathon is The World is Not Enough

The World is Not Enough is Pierce's 3rd outing as James Bond,

It also has the distinction of being the first Bond movie in which the evil mastermind behind everything is a Bond girl, Elektra King

The other Bond girl is Christmas Jones, who most people remember from the stunning one-liner about her....

The other villain is Renard, a man who feels no pain because of the location of a bullet.

The Trailer

ntro/Theme Song

And ladies and gentlemen.. that's The World is Not Enough

I actually watched this movie last night but was too pissed to post the actual thread update for it.

So ladies and gentleman the final Brosnan films and one of the greatest movies to grace our eyes, Die Another Day

As stated above this is Pierce's 4th and final run in movies as Bond,

The Bond girl is Ms. Halle Berry as Jinx, which is a rather fitting name for where it left the franchise.

The villain is Gustav Graves or something like that, he had surgery

The Trailer

Intro/Theme Song
Interesting idea to advance the story during the opening sequence.

So while watching this movie, I realized there is so much wrong with it, but it dawned on me that it was the culmination of the Brosnan era.

I doubt it is a fault of his own, but after Goldeneye every film seemed to attempt to make Bond vulnerable in some manner or another.

First he had Wai Lin who was pretty much his female equal. And I think TND worked because it didn't make Bond weak, it made the female strong.

TWINE actually injured Bond for the entire film which was key in a scene or two. And I just don't think it worked for a man who has survived lot worse.

Than DaD showed him as his most vulnerable being captured and tortured and then finding out what its like to be useless.

However, this movie has a lot worse going for it than Bond's potrayal.

Personally, I still put it above Diamonds. :lol

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away