Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #478
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle View Post
Wait didn't he technically attack the prison in Season 3?
He did...but nothing significant came of it.

That's why the writing for this show is dogshit. Now the Governor is attacking the prison, yet again...only this time there are no stakes, or the stakes are way lower. I mean, why would you want to live at that prison? The prison seems incredibly unsafe. Walkers are attracted to it, people are dying left and right from the plague, Rick makes poor decisions on a daily basis.

Say what you will about the Governor being fucking crazy and selfish and a narcissistic psycho, but at least Woodbury had four walls and stability.

What made the attacks on the prison so significant in the comics is one of two things. (1) Surprise. After escaping the prison / the rape and torture, it was implied that everyone was home free and that The Governor did not know where the prison was located, therefore establishing the prison as a utopia of sorts. (2) Stability. The prison was not only safe, but they were starting up a farm life for food, they had the zombie situation under control, people were coupling and getting on with their lives....things were going great.

Season 3 of The Walking Dead made some Mark Sanchez butt fumbles with the writing, pacing, and plot...so now Season 4 gets to rehash the should-have-been-finale of Season 3. Which leaves all sorts of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? regarding where this show moves forward.

After the prison the comic departs into weird, slowly paced, sometimes mediocre "meh," so I'm hoping the TV show can throw some fun curves in the mix once freed from some of the source material...but I'm not holding my breath.