Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #397
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
They were covering themselves in zombie gore to smell like a zombie. Makes sense to me.
That episode was terrible. The whole "hacking up the dead guy" should have stayed in the comic book. That shit belongs in comedy....and in fact it was used as a comedy piece in the BBC miniseries Dead Set.

Shameless plug, again, I already plugged this and I wish you people would watch it because it's good:

Anyway, my only question, and I chose not to nitpick about this before because you guys don't like when I complain: if Rick knew that dead people come back as zombies, why was he sitting pretty mindlessly on top of Shane. It doesn't matter though. He mentioned he wasn't sure he believed the CDC guy anyway.

Along with what Prof S said, the fact that dead people come back to life as zombies is used in the comic to set the tone. In the comic book, Rick goes well out of his way to kill a zombie that was already killed earlier in the comic. It sort of sets the tone and explores the nature of Rick's character. The TV show reversed the role of the situation, and IMO diminished the tone a bit.