View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #817
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Eagle Eye.

This movie isn't what I was expecting. I will ruin parts of the story, so stop reading if you plan on seeing it for whatever reason.

Anyways, I thought it was about a group of people controlling what happens via satellites. Not at all.

Starts off with the government relying on a computer analysis to make sure a person in the middle east is actually the terrorist they are looking for - the computer says it's 51% probable, but doesn't agree with continuing the mission. The president says to send a missile to the group of people, and they subsequently die. Countless suicide bombings happen at American embassies and many people die. So after that, the basis of the movie is the AI (that said not to attack the terrorist, because it wasn't him) is using the Constitution (Specifically the part that says if any government puts its people in irreparable harm, the people of that government are allowed to overthrow it) to ratify the idea of this major plot to kill the top 12 - or so - people at the head of American government [via an impromptu militia of people doing seemingly random things to them], leaving the secretary of defense - the person who disagreed with the presidents option of killing the "terrorist", thusly agreeing with the AI, as the new President of the United States.

I find the concept pretty neat, and the AI (voiced by Julianne Moore) a cross between Glados and Hal. It's pretty good, I thought. You just have to deal with Shia The Beef for a while.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.