Re: Superman: The Man of Steel
Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
I think the rig scene was cool, but in the grand scheme of things should have been cut for time and pacing since it adds nothing to the film.

Also same thing with the bullying scene, or swap it out with the scene at the bar. Both of them were around for the same purpose, Clark doesn't use his powers for people being asses because he knows he can hurt/kill them.
I thought the oil rig scene was more engaging than the city destruction stuff, I feel like they could have edited down some of the ending and yeah. I preferred the fence scene vs. the bar scene, because as an adolescent you're more likely to act out...I feel like the bar scene was still a lot of fun though, one of the few scenes that gave a sly wink like, "dude, having super powers is fucking AWESOME."

Quote:
Also think she's cute
She's hot. Jim from The Office made a huge mistake.

Quote:
Nolan had nothing to do with the writing of this film.
On an official level, I think there were some points where he reigned in Synder... I can't remember which scene exactly, but know spoke of it in an interview heard after the movie came out
I don't know how much of this was Nolan/Snyder/Goyer

I'm gonna have to watch this film again, and I kind of think a Director's Cut might add some flow to this film.

I thought The Dark Knight was awesome, despite the mild dragging with the Bane-speech-election-destruction scene. The opener was awesome, Catwoman was awesome, Bane was awesome...

That part on the plane where Bane says: "NO! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother."

I mean, yeah the movie had some issues and it wasn't the mindfuck of awesome that The Dark Knight was, but yeah.

Hopefully the sequel to Man of Steel will be better...and seems like a lot of the second movies in comic series are the best.