Thread: Spooky Obama
View Single Post

Re: Spooky Obama
Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12
Default Re: Spooky Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
2) Eliminate the corporate tax. Corporations do not pay taxes. People do (investors, employees, or customers) so let them pay taxes with their income and not provide corporate loopholes so they can hide their income.
I agree with your tax points in that first page post. However, I feel that the rich could take a tax hit of over 25% and it still not be punishment for success. I think in the 50s the wealthiest members of the country had a tax hit of over 90%. I'm not saying go that far but still, everyone seems to think the 50s were great.

As for the corporate tax: isn't the problem that CEOs and high ranking employees of companies claim smaller incomes to avoid taxes? They are able to tie up their money in stocks and other things that are not taxed. Is there a way to tax stocks so that the rich are taxed accordingly?

Also, since corporation are by law seen as individuals now, shouldn't a certain percentage of a company's profit be taken as taxes? Or at the very least corporations could be given tax breaks for reinvesting some of their profits in the community.