View Single Post

Re: Christine O'Donnel Wins Republican Primary in Delaware
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: Christine O'Donnel Wins Republican Primary in Delaware

Dems have been far more united than Repubs for the last several years. There is a divide in the GOP that is becoming more pronounced over time. On one side you have the social conservatives who care more about abortion, gay marriage, and prayer in school than they do about the economy (they believe in low taxes because its politically expedient) and you have the fiscal conservatives who are also on the rise in people like Chris Christie and Paul Ryan who are not as strict on social issues and are trying to take up the torch from intellectual giants Milton Friedman and William F Buckley.

Republicans like Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum and Christine O'Donnell are counter productive to classical conservative beliefs in individual liberty. They want as much control over you or I as the hardest left politician, but they want control over different things.

Overall I think the diseases of arrogance and *demagoguery have infected both parties. It seems that everyone believes they can tell everyone else how they should live, what they should eat, what car they should drive, who they should marry, and what portion of their salary they earned. And those are only the politicians who are honest in their convictions.

I can count the number of politicians I trust on one hand, and that is a sad fact of today's political reality.

*New BFFs Pres. Obama and John Boehner are the biggest demagogues in DC today. I'd love for either of them to utter a sound, rational, non-patronizing statement instead of cliched talking points, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by Professor S : 09-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.