View Single Post

Opinion: Movies are out, TV is in?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Opinion: Movies are out, TV is in?

Alright, I'm just curious so I threw up a poll for the lazy...but actual feedback would really be appreciated.

I never thought I'd say this (but I am relatively young), but right now I have way more TV shows on my to-watch list than movies. At this point in time I am following more TV shows than I ever have in my entire life. It seems like there is a ton of quality in television right now, with a ton of good shows currently airing or just ended.

Meanwhile, in Hollywood, we have the same shit different CGI. More fucking comic book movies, more Transformers, more of the same Academy Award winning "edgy" faux bullshit films that are shot in shades of blue and gray with an overly dramatic film score. Hollywood is currently turning out shit to good films at about a 1 to 10 ratio.

On the other hand...TV is turning out edgy, exhilarating adventures, good comedy, and drama that keeps you glued to your seat week to week.

I dunno, I love movies and I still see one or two movies in theaters weekly or bi-weekly, but right now if I had to take my TV or the Cinema to a desert island I'd go TV.

Thoughts?