View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #354
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
This entire Season has lacked any serious zombie threat...and this episode they suddenly start boarding up the house. I mean, shouldn't that have been episode 2? Maybe instead of fixing the well they could have boarded up the house. I get it: Hershel wasn't planning on letting them live there. But in the case of an emergency zombie outbreak, wouldn't having a fortified house make sense?

Okay, so I'm back to nitpicking about bad writing.

Not to constantly be the defendant; but -

Quote:
I get it: Hershel wasn't planning on letting them live there. But in the case of an emergency zombie outbreak, wouldn't having a fortified house make sense?
Then no, you do not get it. Hershel wasn't aware of "the outside". He thought they were curable, he didn't know they would come to his house, and attempt to slaughter him. That is the only reason he had them in the barn. That is why he didn't have his house boarded up.
That God-fearing man had no reason in his mind to board up his house to protect himself of the Walking Dead. That's why it already wasn't protected. Come on man, you're watching the show. It's like you're purposely forgetting things they spend ample time discussing in previous episodes because you're looking for something to complain about.

Quote:
Of course the black guy is helping move all the shit, and "no you aren't sleeping on the couch." "Okay, masta sir!"
Why do you go and have to be racist like that. A white guy isn't allowed to tell a black guy that the couch he owns is taken, without someone who's (hopefully jokingly) looking for things to pick apart saying "lol 21st century, black man doing work for a white guy and being told what to do", where as I refute with "lol 21st century, he's allowed to help and be part of the group like any human being, and be told not to go places like every other normal person. That is equality."
When I see a writer doing things like that in a show with a black person I think "Good for you. You're not afraid of writing honestly. You're not going to walk on eggshells and not write a black actor into normal roles because you're afraid someone will make some bullshit slavery connection for no fucking reason."

Man, I don't get why people watch a show if all everyone ever says about it is always negative. In 2 seasons I've only seen/recalled maybe 5 positive posts that were not from me. and I don't mean posts that are filled with hate on the last episode, and sprinkled with a positive "but".

Here is my summary of the majority of people who watch this show commenting after every episode:

"I don't get the show. I don't like the direction they're taking _______. The acting is bad, I don't feel invested in any characters. And how did _____ get ____ without _____ knowing/thinking/seeing _____? That doesn't make sense. Why did they cast ____ as ______ anyways? He/she can't act ______ as well as I hoped that character would be acted. I'm so ________ that they're still _________. _______ is such a ______, fuck. Why can't _______ ________ _______. The worst scene of last episode was when _______ and ______ were _______ by the _______ with _____. Like _____, why can't ______ just _____. That would make _____ so much _______. Every week I watch this show my life gets significantly worse. The 48 minutes I spend every Sunday watching this glorified pile of vomit are worth it though, for the 5 minutes that I think are cool, so it's okay. I like the show, that's why I watch it."
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.