View Single Post

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #39
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

Was injured these past two months. Watched a lot of tv. Linked to all those that are available to watch instantly on Netflix. Aren't I nice?

That Mitchell & Webb Look - Awwwwwwesome sketch show.

Peep Show - Awwwwwwesome first-person sitcom starring the fellows from above. I was heartbroken at the end of both of these realizing there was no more.

Luther - Pretty good. There was some jumping to conclusions that seemed unrealistic at first. She didn't yawn. SHE'S A PSYCHOPATH! Took me out of it. Not sure if it got better or it just grew on me, by really ended up liking it. Looking forward to the third series.

Terriers - From the name and posters for the show I can see why hardly anyone watched it when it aired. I thought it was about dogs. It is not about dogs. Would have liked another season but was fine on its own. Really enjoyed it.

Party Down - Loved it. Plus kind of had a crush on Lizzy Caplan ever since Mean Girls.

The League - Did not expect to like this since I couldn't care less about football, fantasy or otherwise. Quite funny and I'm actually intrigued by the game. Just wish there was fantasy something other than sports, where you used real world events. Fantasy dog racing? Still too sport-like.

Journeyman - The first ep did not make me think I would enjoy this show. Starts off with rapid expository dialogue so you know who everyone is in a matter of minutes. Felt really fake. But damn, it got good. And like Terriers and the next show, was a pretty satisfying one season show.

Wonderfalls - Surprised it took me this long to watch this since I love Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies. I enjoyed it good deal but not nearly as much as Bryan Fuller's other endeavors. Once Lee Pace started getting more screen time it really made me nostalgic for Pushing Daisies. I can't believe it was cancelled after only four episodes. That's just mean.

And shows I started but didn't finish:

Trailer Park Boys - Was ok. Think I'm mockumentaried out though.

Monster - Will probably continue with this. Just not itching to watch many eps back to back.

Larry Sanders Show- Still watching this every so often. Pretty fine to watch an ep here and an ep there.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Saw four eps. I dunno. It's just not doing anything for me.

Black Books - Heard good things about it. Just watching one ep was painful. And I rather like Bill Bailey too. I cannot watch anything with a laugh track anymore. Once HIMYM ends, it will be the final laugh I ever hear...

Oh and one show currently airing: Gravity Falls. Only saw three eps so far but it's quite good. Plus the opening is great. Must have watched it at least 20 times.

And the regulars currently airing: Louie, True Blood, and Breaking Bad.

Last edited by Teuthida : 08-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.