Re: Nerds on the Rocks/ Dual Wielding 7.11.10 Planning Thread
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #261
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:
Default Re: Nerds on the Rocks/ Dual Wielding 7.11.10 Planning Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
No because for the most part, I don't have any trouble with Dual Wielding. Yes, they've had sporadic recording.

But of the 4 times they all agreed to meet, they showed up 3 of those times. They work together on planning their time and are good about it. Even during the joint podcast we had Uber and Default show up when needed.

And they were willing to do a podcast on the 4th, but would have been 2 down.

So I'm not gonna hold it against them, that we can't get NoTR down to a nice rhythm.
You completely missed the point while simultaneously making mine.

If we were only doing one podcast, we would have 7 or 8 people all able to contribute to it and we'd have a much easier time getting people together for a recording. Instead, it's been decided to split people up and attempt to maintain two podcasts simultaneously.

I don't hold anything against uber_paddler, default, or soccerant either. In fact, their punctuality is a great asset. It should be harnessed to along with people like you, me, Magus and thatmariolover to produce one regularly updating podcast about all subjects relevant to nerd-dom instead of two sporadically updating podcasts where the subject matter is split up and we struggle to come up with things to talk about when we don't have enough material for two shows. I don't care if this means Dual Wielding should be merged into Nerds on the Rocks or Nerds on the Rocks should be merged into Dual Wielding or if a whole new podcast should be started. We just don't have the manpower to do this reliably. Of all the people I've talked to, only one person ever thought it was a good idea to divide such clearly scarce resources.

I'm here to do whatever you guys want me to do, but this blatant idiocy is wearing on my patience.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed