Re: Citizenship at Birth
Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Citizenship at Birth

Quote:
Since you haven't answered that question directly
I'm pretty sure I've said things like it several times. Maybe you're just choosing not to comprehend that part of my posts for the sake of your argument.

I said:
Quote:
Get some bouncers to watch my doors and windows. If they start coming through the chimney, put some bouncers on the roof. Especially if the people who are inside my house need work to do, I'd put them to work watching my doors.
Which in the metaphor of the house being the USA, the doors and all openings into it are obviously borders.

Not to mention being that I've said numerous times "The problem isn't people having babies in your country, it's people getting in illegally" I was fairly sure that gave across a "Stop them from getting in illegally" type of thing.

From my first post:

Quote:
"If you stop people from illegally entering your country, then you wouldn't need to fix the birth right."
From my second post, specifically addressing you:

Quote:
"I'd argue that all that needs to be watched is obviously the southern US. I mean, that's honestly all this is about - Mexicans and Cubans getting into the US illegally."
Quote:
You seem to both object to trying to remove incentives, and also appear to reject trying to increase security by force.
What in the blue hell are you flapping your face about?
When have I appeared to reject increasing security by force? When you suggested they shoot pregnant mothers, you mean? When I said I don't agree with you on murdering pregnant women?
Or are you saying I'm against them using force because I haven't said I want them to shoot Mexicans, opposed to just increasing border patrol and security.

Quote:
So what do you propose we do?
For probably the 4th time - increase border patrol. Is it hard to do? In some ways. Is it impossible? Hell no. Increase security along the US-Mexico border. Does this involve super high fences of barbed wire, missiles, guns, and hunting dogs? No. All it requires at most is a fence, and security towers with guards watching cameras. Do they need a shoot-first mentality? No. No they do not.

Quote:
And if you give a bullshit answer again citing no direct ideas and just saying "fix it", then I assume you don't think illegal immigration is an issue and like the status quo.
Well, hopefully this time you read all of my post - and not just the parts that you feel like arguing with.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.