View Single Post

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

Quote:
Did the quality dramatically improve in the last 2 episodes, or is it still more of the boring stuff? (I can't believe they made a dinosaur show with hardly any dinosaurs in it... I'm not interested in crazy deseases, migrating birds or traitor children. Your series takes place in the triassic, so I want dinosaurs!!)
Thats the thing, it's not a show about dinosaurs. It's a show about the relocation of a colony into the past because the future sucks so much. Sort of like how Walking Dead isn't really a zombie show, but it has zombies in it.

The last 2 episodes established the basis of the show, I assume. There is a separate 'pilgrimage' (Group of people who went back in time to populate the colony)that for some unexplained reason is segregated from the colony of Terra Nova. The segregated group has a way to communicate with the future, and bring people into the past, the leader of Terra Nova wants to find out why. The last episode was actually really well-written at getting the history of Terra Nova established. They used the guise of a children's Thanksgiving-Style play and told the story.

But hey, if you don't like it you don't like it.

late edit:

Quote:
Misfits. Superheroes on tv done right. This season answers those deep questions of "What would happen if I had the power to turn into a girl?" and "What's the worse way to mess up killing Hitler?"

I watched the first season of that show last year, maybe more - but nothing beyond that. Is season 2 (maybe 3, 4? Im not sure how old the show is) better than season 1?

I was down with the concept of the show, but the first season seemed sort of slow at times. It lost me.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.