View Single Post

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

Anyone watching Outsourced or Shit My Dad Says? I can't decide if I give a shit enough to invest in these shows.

Modern Family - Still watching, still good. This is my empty calorie TV show. It isn't nutritious and I know it's bad for me, but it tastes alright and goes down easy.

Archer - This show is the business. Season 2 is really peaking and the show is building an Arrested Development type feel as they are working in a lot of the "inside jokes." Best animated show on TV right now?

Bob's Burgers - I'm watching this because of H. Jon Benjamin who does the voice of Archer. Once you get over the voice/character difference, the show becomes easier to watch. And on that note, so far the show is quirky and pretty darn good. The show actually has some pretty fun jokes, including a child molestation gag.

Chuck - After resolving Season 4's main conflict the show is back in a place I have not seen since Season 3: a balanced comedy/fun show. I hope they continue with this formula and avoid having an elaborate overarching plot that consumes the show. It was more fun when they worked Fulcrum or The Ring into the formula of the show instead of the other way around. But then, on that note, since the show has seemed to have maxed out the formula, perhaps tying up loose ends and ending on a sweet note is the way to go.