View Single Post

Re: Dexter [Spoilers]
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Dexter [Spoilers]

Julie Benz went on to do her own show after Dexter...so I wonder if the cut was influenced by a decision from her, i.e. she wanted to leave.

I honestly think Season 5 has surpassed 3 and 4 in terms of overall plot (I have 2 episodes left). But Season 3 and 4 had great supporting casts and the interplay between Dexter and Miguel/Trinity was fun to watch.

But...I don't think Rita could ever have known about Dexter. Her character went from intriguing to problematic to obnoxious, and that is why I believe she was ultimately cut. Furthermore, Rita finding out about Dexter leads to two ultimate scenarios that both end the show (IMO):

(1) She finds out and is okay with it. Everyone lives happily ever after. End of show.
(2) She finds out and flips shit. Dexter either goes to prison or kills her. So Dexter goes to prison. End of show.

Rita really undermined a lot of Dexter's mobility as a killer...but like I said, she progressed from being intriguing, to a problem, to an annoying and obnoxious emotional mess.