View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #335
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Haha, Michael Bay? Are you serious? I've never even seen a Michael Bay movie since The Rock when I was 10 years old. I wouldn't know what you're inferring there.

I don't think it's about if they travel, it's just the fact that the farm is boring. In my opinion it's a crappy spot that the writers have dug themselves into. I want them to move somewhere so SOMETHING HAPPENS and that the show can actually get better!

You talk about "realism", but I don't watch a show to watch some terrible philosophers hemming and hawing about "what life is like now" or that "the world is not the same anymore." We know! You've told us about 50 different times in the last few episodes.

I understand what you're saying about "realism", but this isn't reality TV. This is a fictional show and it's supposed to entertain me. Is Breaking Bad always realistic? No, but is it usually entertaining? Almost always. You can't say the same for The Walking Dead. If you're enthralled by Dale's speeches or Lori's idiocy, or T-Dog's, umm...nothing, then good for you, but I'd personally rather be entertained, and Hershel's farm isn't conducive to that.

And no, it doesn't have to be fast-paced or whatever. The Wire is one of the best TV shows of all time and it's conflict is all within one basic setting and it's relatively slow-paced. If the things Rick and Shane were ever more than one-note "my way or your way" conversations, then maybe it would be better.

I understand it can't be zombies all the time and it shouldn't be, but the parts that aren't zombies shouldn't be completely uninteresting, and for the most part, they are. I guess I've just accepted the kind of crappy acting at this point, but it probably would help the show if that weren't part of it.

I have not read the comics, so none of this is coming from unrealistic expectations. I just honestly feel that it's not that great of a show about 50% of the time. It can be great at times, but that's still not a great average.

Anyway, just as you can't seem to accept why we complain about it, I'm just as shocked that you want to defend it so much.