View Single Post

Re: Romney and Bain Capital
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Romney and Bain Capital

Quote:
but beside the fact that a minority of the businesses went bankrupt there is nothing to lead you to believe this is the case.
I never said I believed it.

I was just basing that "I wonder/what if" on his personality of "I love to fire people", and "I'm glad he had to take a mortgage on his house to beat me" with a little bit of "sometimes job losses are necessary for the bottom line of the company."

Everything he says - mixed with those quotes, just makes the guy seem 100% all about the income of himself and his cronies.

Quote:
If a business fails, all of those jobs are lost, not just some created by layoffs to reduce costs, so there is more evidence to suggest that Bain actually SAVED jobs rather than killing them because the alternative was assured failure.
I'm not doubting that, and they did save some jobs, yeah.
Is there some type of document that says which businesses they invested in went out of business compared to everything they invested in, and which ones showed profit after the other ones went under.

It'd be a pretty evil scheme to invest in a company under the guise of helping it succeed, yet doing minimal effort to ensure that it actually does go under, so your other companies then eat their share of the market - and you (whomever invested) can sit back and say "Look, we tried to help, this shit just doesn't always work out."

Which I find to be a flimsy excuse for a professional company - at least not a really good one. It's like those interior decorator shows where they ask for (let's say) X dollars, yet are never under budget. It's like "Fuck, you redecorate houses, and give estimates for a living, how do you always go over-budget."

Quote:
Reading that article I think it's very difficult to make a case that Bain's model was that of a corporate cannibal.
But because Romney is involved it makes it so much more interesting.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.