Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
Old 05-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #14
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by -alpha- View Post
I know that this was brought up a number of times while I was here back in the day, and has probably been brought up again since. But lately I've been thinking, if they do indeed remake the game one day, it would be significantly different than what the original had been. If you think about it, many of the game's original trademark gameplay elements were merely used because of limitations to the system. The best example of this that I can think of is the world environments, and the fixed camera that played a part in it. If FFVII ever was remade, I'd think that the world would be completely rendered in 3d, but with this we'd have different gameplay altogether, for example, would the game now bring in some platforming as well? Are the battles still going to be random twisty screens when the dice roll lands against you?

I figured I could get your ideas on what you think could be improved on should the game get remade on a much more powerful console.

Seems like you were pretty spot on, Mr. Poster-From-12-Years-Ago-Who-Apparently-Only-Stuck-Around-For-3-Weeks.

Anyone play (part one of) the Remake?

I liked it well enough. If I wanted a FFVII remake I really just wanted the graphics spruced up and the translation redone; I wasn't really into having a whole new game with a FFVII veneer, but I enjoyed this thing for what it is. The bitterness of this being so completely redone and only being part of the story is assuaged a bit by mods that apparently do what I've always wanted; hopefully I'll be able to get those to work when I get up to VII in my most recent replay of the series.

Current Review: Xenogears