Thread: Guild wars 2
View Single Post

Re: Guild wars 2
Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Guild wars 2

I've been playing since Saturday - I'm on the Crystal Desert server.

Currently playing a sylvari ranger. I'm actually avoiding creating another character - I usually get sidetracked in MMO's with too many characters and never progress very far with my main, so I'm just going to stick with this guy.

I'm very impressed so far - easily the best MMO I've ever played. The world is so large and beautiful, I think it's worth the $60 just to explore the world.

Combat feels way more actiony than WoW or Star Wars. I'm constantly moving around, dodging out of AoE's and working on my positioning. I think combat is going to get more fun as I progress further into the game and switching weapons becomes more important.

I haven't done a dungeon yet (only level 18), but those look fun. I think the combo system between players is going to be very interesting to utilize.

Also love the quality of life features they've added. Teleporting to waypoints, being able to deposit collectibles into your bank from anywhere.

The dynamic events are also a refreshing way to level relative to the "find 20 pig livers" questing method. It's cool to see an event going on, help out with it, then follow the NPC to the next part of the "story" where a new dynamic event will start.

The "heart" quests on the map are really just glorified WoW quests, but they're still more fun and less tedious. There's no random component where you're killing the same thing over and over where sometimes pig meat drops and sometimes it doesn't. Always hated that.

The dye system is also really cool. Dyes are random drops and once you consume it you have it to use forever, and you can change the color of your armor as many times as you want anywhere you want. Currently my guy is rocking a red and blue suit that makes him look like spider-man.