Re: Final Fantasy Megathread
Old 07-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #126
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Now Playing: Borderlands 2, DKCR3D, TLoU: Remastered
Default Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I'd say skipping the cutscenes in FFXIII is almost exactly the same as skipping the cutscenes in the MGS game for the PS3.

It's like renting a movie to just watch the loading screen and the ending credits.
I know it sounds bad the way I'm gonna say it but I just want to be done with the game. I like it! I really do, it's just that I spent 30+ hours on it only to have my PS3 bork and then I'd have to sit through everything all over again. The datalog does a good job of providing everything that's going on with the plot, which isn't that hard to remember, and like I said, I'm only gonna do it up to chapter 11 since that's where I was before I lost my stuff.

At least the battles are still enjoyable for me since it doesn't feel like a chore for me to run around and fight people. If that were the case and the cutscenes couldn't be skipped...I honestly don't know if I would have been willing to jump right in again and get back to where I was.

I do see your point though. Every time I play through an MGS game I don't skip the cutscenes because for one it's not as easy to catch your bearings afterwards and find out what you need to do (although the CODEC does assist with that), but they're also very fun to watch too.

That being said, I got up to chapter 8, right in the beginning in Nautilus.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4790-6369