View Single Post

Re: Harry Potter and the Thread of Rewatch
Old 06-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Harry Potter and the Thread of Rewatch

I was about to reply to this thread but Ric beat me to it. I had a torrent of the first movie, and it's "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" so I did a WTF double take.

It's funny because I first read the book back in 3rd or 4th grade, and I actually have it in my hand right now..."Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." It's amazing that the other title has escaped me until like a week ago. I guess I live in a world of ignorance.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that "Sorcerer's Stone" sounds much cooler than "Philosopher's Stone." Seriously, Sorcerer = Magic, Philosopher = Scholar who ponders shit all day.

Kids don't want philosophy, they want magic! Philosopher's Stone also implies that the book has some philosophy in it, which it really doesn't.

That said I'm psyched to watch movie numero uno tomorrow. After I get done with class and run I am going to kick back and watch it. So I'll gripe to you as I watch it on AIM, BaB.

I might bring the book with my on the train too. The first book is short enough to read in a couple of hours.