View Single Post

Re: The Merc With a Mouth Gets a Movie
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Ric
Former King Of The Arcade

Now Playing: Battle Pirates / Warface / Minecraft
Default Re: The Merc With a Mouth Gets a Movie

The thing that gets me is when characters are 'changed' to suit a film. With Wolverine for example, his power is Regeneration/Healing NOT the claws that come out of his hands, and in the trailer a child wolverine has bony claws that come out of his hands. Now I have not seen the movie, so there may be a reason for this but

WTF I thought to myself Now dont get me wrong, I am all for new stories and new ideas but some things should not be changed. It's like if there was a new Spiderman movie and he came out in a green jump suit or could shoot lazer beams from his eyes and they pretended it's always been like that. I dont like it when they defficate on pre existing guidelines, it just makes me think it's shit. Imagine if Batman suddenly actually had super powers, it would just be wrong.

My only other rant, and FTR I am glad they are introducing the character Gambit. It's about bloody time. But why, oh why, have him acted by some ponse, Gambit is cool and I feel the actor playing him will make him seem crap. Gambit's power is that he can make things explode, he just uses the cards to emphasise that and he is a kendo master. I hope they dont screw him up.