Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
Yeah.

The animation was really off-putting for me, and I just didn't feel like they captured the essence of Beowulf or Grendel.

I admit I am being a bit harsh and it is probably far from the worst movie I have ever seen....I saw it in theaters and was not in the mood for that film. It doesn't pay to get dragged to films you don't want to see.

The new Day of the Dead movie is pretty effin' terrible.

I also agree with prof s that there are different categories of bad. Big Budget Fail is a good idea for a category.
I wasn't expecting much from Beowulf, and I was surprised when I thought it was good. As for Gendel, I thought he was a fantastic version. Crispin Glover brought some real sympathy to the role, which I enjoyed. Eh, to each their own.

I will agree Day of the Dead was awful. It takes a lot for me to turn off a movie, and I could only make it through about 20 minutes of the DotD remake.

The original is a campy classic, IMO. My favorite part is when the main villian has his legs ripped from his torso, and his dying words are "Choke on `em! ... choke on `em..."