View Single Post

Re: Thoughts On: The Matrix
Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Thoughts On: The Matrix

I just rewatched The Matrix for the first time I believe since I saw it in theaters ten years ago. I remember being utterly confused at the time and everything felt different after I left the theater. Such a concept was completely new to me. The philosophy behind it is what I really like.

I don't remember the other two too well. I watched the Neo vs. hundreds of Agent Smiths fight on YouTube not too long ago and the CGIness of it is very apparent.

Also rewatched a few of the shorts from The Animatrix: Final Flight of the Osiris (for the prettiness), World Record, and Matriculated. The first time I watched it I enjoyed The Second Renaissance for fully explaining how the Matrix came to be created. But after knowing all that and Neo becoming essentially a god in the Matrix, anything taking place in that world became sort of boring for me. I like World Record for dealing with a runner's high as a way to free one's mind as one might do through meditation (compare breaking out of the Matrix with reaching Nirvana). Matriculated is also quite cool for the weirdness of it, trying to convert a machine to side with the humans through symbolism of what it means to be human.