Re: IGN's Top 100 Animated Series
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #19
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: IGN's Top 100 Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
teuthida, what are some anime's that you're currently into. I don't have time to try and get into a series that's only so-so.
The only manga that I seriously followed was Blade of the Immortal. Not much for availability here.
I've only watched the subbed versions of the following. No idea if the dubs are any good.

Paranoia Agent - Believe this aired on Adult Swim. Werid goodness with some really nice animation. Check out the director's movies too.

Beck - A Japanese band trying to make it. The only thing is a number of characters are American but the English pronunciations are so bad it might take you out of it a bit. Good series though.

Boogiepop Phantom - Weird and very disturbing.

Mushishi - A pretty peaceful series. A guy travels around solving problems caused by spirits called mushi. There's a live action movie by the director of Akira too, though I have yet to watch.

Welcome to the NHK - A recluse who flees college and holes himself up in his apartment. Tries to reenter society.

KIBA - I really can't explain why I like this one. It's like most anime aimed at young boys in Japan and was even based off a card game. Perhaps because it's more serious than every other one. You won't have someone calling another a pervert or much face distortions. A hell of a lot of bloodshed too.

Honey & Clover - Probably my favorite series. Follows a group of art students through college and little beyond. Couldn't find a trailer and the intro doesn't resemble the show at all...but it references Beetle Juice so yeah...

If none of these strike your fancy I got others.

Last edited by Teuthida : 01-27-2009 at 10:09 AM.