View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #303
Acebot44
Knight

Now Playing: Vectorman
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Saw The Wackness last night after tickets to the sneak peak of Tropic Thunder sold out...and I'm incredibly glad I did. My friends who managed to get in to see TT, came out really disappointed, but this post is about The Wackness, so I'll leave that be.

The Wackness, for lack of a better word, was the Dopeness. This is mainly because of three things that I believe always make a movie great.

1) Ben Kingsley. Gandhi did it again! His portrayal of Mr. Dr. Jefferey Squires, a psychiatrist with a chronic addiction to all kinds of colorful pills, was fantabulous! Oscar worthy no doubt.
2) Coming of Age Story. This kinds of plots always get me good, and following Luke Shapiro as he tries to save his families home by selling copious amounts of ganja in the heart of New York while also falling in love with his Psychiatrists step-daughter in thoroughly enjoyable to say the least.
3) Soundtrack. Based in the 1994, the movie makes references to Notorious B.I.G's debut album "Ready to Die" and is chalk full of early 90s hip hop...and the good kind too like ATCQ and Nas. There is even a bit of David Bowie at the end haha.

Check this flick out. Maybe its my love of these three things that kinda skew it into a positive light on my part, but the people I caught it with enjoyed it to.