View Single Post

Re: The Wii Shortage
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: The Wii Shortage

I've always been a fan of this argument that Nintendo is purposely creating a shortage so that people will continue to buy it.

No one ever looks at the fact that Nintendo for the most part is outselling the competition atleast two to one on a global scale, and have increased production I believe at least twice this year.

Just look at the US monthly totals, started off at around 300k then 400k and now sits around 500k.

One is to assume they are holding back consoles for Oct, Nov, Dec and I would also figure Feb at this point with Smash, but other than that I don't believe it's an artifical shortage. I think people just want to find a reason why it continues to sell at a rocketing pace. I believe, it's tracking just behind the Ps2 as fastest selling console on a global sense, but ahead of it in the same time frame.

And I never get the issue with the Wii's game line up. Other than the fact that it has a lot of crap on it, there are some really good games in that lineup.

I believe 4 system sellers in Zelda, Prime 3, Wii Sports and RE 4.

And more to come in the months including the game to get Mario Galaxy.

There are really good games like Super Paper Mario, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Rayman Ravinf Rabbids, Wario Ware, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Zack and Wiki, Battalion Wars 2 and think that's it.

Then there are improved or different ports such as Godfather Wii (which I feel is the best version), Tiger woods, Madden 08 and Scarface.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away