GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Let's talk about girls! (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18720)

Angrist 07-30-2008 09:45 AM

Let's talk about girls!

So once every few years I start about my relational life.

So (this is how it always starts) there's this girl. I've liked her for 6 months now (known her for 2 years). She's a strong, beautiful, independent and social woman of 22. Because I didn't want to rush anything, contact between us was minimal. I saw her maybe once a month.
But then we both went on a weekend's holiday with 11 others. I went in with little expectations, I was very relaxed. It was awesome. We really talked a lot. Walked side by side on the beach, chatting about our exes for 20 minutes. When we got interupted, I didn't try to start the conversation again. But she always came back to me with a "So you were saying?" She laughed at my silly jokes. We talked about her work, about my study, etc. We did the dishes together.

Anyway, the weekend was over and we kept some contact. I was the first to send a text message, she was the first to mail. In the mail I asked if she wanted to preach together sometime (we're Jehovah's Witnesses as most of you know). The next day we had made an appointed for 2 days later (pretty fast).
That was also great. A perfect continuation of the weekend. We had a lot of fun together and also did some serious stuff. After a while she asked me where I saw myself in 10 years. Was she checking me out?

At the end of the day we said goodbye. We would see eachother in 2 weeks. After that we text messaged for a day or 2, then I didn't hear from her. I was the last to message and e-mail her.

And all this time I'm not really sure if she likes me back. I'm so incredibly afraid that she just likes me as a friend (or religious brother). I talked to a friend about it and he's certain she likes me. The signs are there. I thought it was really special, but maybe she has this much fun with everybody.

So I googled and found this list of points how to know if a girl likes you: http://www.ehow.com/how_2048930_know...likes-you.html

I think I score on all 7 points... so that's reassuring.

I will see her in 2 days, on a congress that lasts for 3 days. After that, we're both invited to a bbq. She might give me a lift, don't know yet. I'm just going to be myself, have fun and maybe I'll get the chance to ask her out for something.

Your thoughts?
Your girls/loves? :)

Vampyr 07-30-2008 09:52 AM

Re: Let's talk about girls!

Hmmm. It seems like the solution here is to ask her to go somewhere with you not related to your religious activities, and where other people you know aren't going to be around.

If she still has just as much fun with you doing something not related to what you guys usually do, and she still acts the same way, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet she likes you. ^_^

There's always the chance she really likes you, and doesn't really realize it herself yet. In that case, still do what I said, but try to play a little harder to get by getting her to chase you a little, could make her realize that she likes you.

And I have a girlfriend, as most of you know (she even posted a couple of times), and she's just awesome. :D Very much like me in terms of tastes and beliefs (except for music, we like pretty different kinds of music in most cases).

We live together and do geeky things like play video games all the time.

We recently got a Kitten to, which you guys have saw. I have some new pictures I've taken that I need to upload, she's grown a lot. She's still a gamer though, she likes to sit in my lap and watch me play TF2 before she falls asleep.

EDIT: Something else interesting, last night my girlfriend was playing with the StumbleUpon plugin, and she stumbled upon....GameTavern! I was actually the person who added it to the stumble upon database, so that's pretty random and awesome.

Dylflon 07-30-2008 02:17 PM

I'm leaving on a two week road trip with my girlfriend on Friday. That should be groovy. We're getting close to the 3 year mark.

Vampyr 07-30-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylflon (Post 235587)
I'm leaving on a two week road trip with my girlfriend on Friday. That should be groovy. We're getting close to the 3 year mark.

Always going to be a little bit ahead of me. >:|

I forgot to mention, my girlfriend and I are going on a short vacation this weekend, to Biltmore Estate.

Dylflon 07-30-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 235588)
Always going to be a little bit ahead of me. >:|

I forgot to mention, my girlfriend and I are going on a short vacation this weekend, to Biltmore Estate.

You should go on a vacation to Oregon instead and we could hang out.

Also: come to Canada, jerk-bag.

jeepnut 07-30-2008 03:06 PM

BreakABone 07-30-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylflon (Post 235589)
You should go on a vacation to Oregon instead and we could hang out.

Also: come to Canada, jerk-bag.

I'm beginning to wonder about this Canadian group.
Always trying to get people to visit.
I wonder if they got older members to visit and that's why we haven't seen them around lately. :ohreilly:

Angrist 07-30-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 235565)
Hmmm. It seems like the solution here is to ask her to go somewhere with you not related to your religious activities, and where other people you know aren't going to be around.

I was thinking about the zoo that's 20 minutes away from both of us. But I'll have to find a relaxed way of asking her... it's something that takes up a whole day.

She's not really a movies-girl, else I would have asked her to see Wall-E. Hm maybe that's still an option. Nah, too much too fast, too cliché.

That one day we preached together, we were together alone, for 4 hours. But you make a good point, it was something we do all the time. She works together with lots of nice guys.

I'll keep you updated on what happens next weekend!

Swan 07-30-2008 05:45 PM

I have been screwed over by women quite a bit.

But I am young so I screw them right back.

I love being young and full of spunk

The Germanator 07-30-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 235614)

Too many innuendos here to even talk about...

I just got out of a 2.5 years relationship with a girl. It was the best and most fulfilling of my young life, but she had some personal issues a few months ago and decided she couldn't handle being together anymore. I was on tour at the time so there wasn't much to be done about it. Anyway, being single is okay, and I've just kind of focused on myself and getting in shape for my current life is a bachelor. I think I'm the kind of guy who would rather be in a committed relationship, but I'm not really in the mood for the next couple of years unless the right gal comes along

Dylflon 07-30-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 235614)

Er, actually the problem is that the "women" you screw are too young.

DeathsHand 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

I don't believe meaningful relationships exist at this age and I don't touch people.
Thems my talk about women...

Swan 07-30-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylflon (Post 235651)
Er, actually the problem is that the "women" you screw are too young.

They are still legal

Dylflon 07-31-2008 10:36 AM

It's not a problem of legality but more an issue of maturity on the part of the girls. Most girls who are still in high school are most certainly not mature.

Swan 07-31-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylflon (Post 235760)
It's not a problem of legality but more an issue of maturity on the part of the girls. Most girls who are still in high school are most certainly not mature.

True true. Hence the intended innuendo