GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

KillerGremlin 05-15-2010 04:11 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Ep 3: Of Iron Mans in 3D

It gets better with each week!

Iron Man II...1 thumb up....Nerds on the Rock...2 thumbs up!

Count Xantar was good, and I forgot how BaB sounds. I'll see if I can get skype going with BaB and someday I wouldn't mind contributing.

KillerGremlin 05-15-2010 04:16 AM

Also...I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught the scene from the trailer that wasn't in the movie. I mean what the fuck!

KillerGremlin 05-15-2010 04:31 AM

Aww and no one made a comment on Jon Favreau's self-masturbation super cameo?

Xantar 05-15-2010 09:36 AM

People kept saying I didn't sound like what they thought Xantar sounded like last week, so I decided to fix that. I did say that I was drunk and acting like an IGN editor last time, so I'm not sure why it surprised anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 268728)
Aww and no one made a comment on Jon Favreau's self-masturbation super cameo?

To be honest, I had no idea it was him until long afterward. I guess director's prerogative allows him to put his head in between Scarlett Johannson's legs.

Teuthida 05-17-2010 09:39 AM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 4: TV and Stuff

Dunno if you guys recorded yet but I gave up waiting for the logo to be updated on itunes and I uploaded the latest logo on DeviantArt to a group I belong to to raise money via commissions for this dude's cancer treatment. So that should get you guys a number of new listeners...hopefully. Would be nice if you could mention the organization on the show some time. Help each other out and such. http://screw-chads-cancer.deviantart.com/

BreakABone 05-18-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 268813)
Dunno if you guys recorded yet but I gave up waiting for the logo to be updated on itunes and I uploaded the latest logo on DeviantArt to a group I belong to to raise money via commissions for this dude's cancer treatment. So that should get you guys a number of new listeners...hopefully. Would be nice if you could mention the organization on the show some time. Help each other out and such. http://screw-chads-cancer.deviantart.com/

This is a pretty sweet cause, and I hope they remember to mention if not, shall record something to place at the beginning.

Also, what is the current staff looking like?
I know Magus isn't back until late Tuesday night so probably won't be around.
Xantar is around.
Moogle has expressed interest in doing it.
ThatMarioLover?

TheSlyMoogle 05-18-2010 01:47 AM

wait if you guys are doing it on tuesday I cannot do it. Maybe next episode as I'll definitely be free for tuesday.

Uhm I can do it from like 5pm to 11 pm on wednesday and thursday, and friday after 11 PM. This is all EST

thatmariolover 05-18-2010 10:19 AM

I'll be there if there's a slot.

Default 05-18-2010 06:39 PM

Just finished catching up on all the 'casts, and must say that you guys are doing an awesome job. The sweet-spot definitly seems to be around :45 to an hour - easy listenin and a good amount of discussion.

magus113 05-19-2010 02:09 AM

I'm in for Wednesday or Thursday night after the gym!

That's right motherfuckers.

I'm back.

Angrist 05-19-2010 09:56 AM

Who's the one that sounds like Cartman? :D

Edit: The name works, in the last weeks I assumed Nerd on the Rocks was a new TV show.

thatmariolover 05-19-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 268949)
Who's the one that sounds like Cartman? :D

Edit: The name works, in the last weeks I assumed Nerd on the Rocks was a new TV show.

Ha, not sure which of us you mean.

I was really frustrated with my mic because I felt like it kept picking up my consonants and I sounded like I had a lisp. Different mic maybe, or at least add a filter.

Angrist 05-19-2010 10:33 AM

Apparently I meant Earl. :p
(BTW, I don't really follow South Park, so I might have gotten it wrong.)

Anyway, that was a pretty good podcast. :) Perhaps next time you could focus on more topics, and not spend 20 minutes talking about the same thing.

thatmariolover 05-19-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 268952)
Apparently I meant Earl. :p
(BTW, I don't really follow South Park, so I might have gotten it wrong.)

Anyway, that was a pretty good podcast. :) Perhaps next time you could focus on more topics, and not spend 20 minutes talking about the same thing.

I have a feeling this is going to be a learning experience and we'll try out a few formats before settling on something. But I agree, smaller segments would be easier to swallow.

Default 05-19-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 268949)

After reading that, Nerd on the Rocks (singular) sounds better, imo. I dunno, comes off of the tongue easier and fits the standard drink format