GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nerds on the Rocks/Dual Wielding FeedBack (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20994)

KillerGremlin 04-24-2010 04:07 PM

Re: Nerds on the Rocks Episode 2

Is there a way to have more natural conversations, I feel like it is way too polite with everyone letting one person speak for a long time and then swapping conversation roles. Also, I know this is Gametavern but why not throw in some politics and media (Movies/Music) talk. And comic stuff is always good by me.

Again, I'll plan on contributing come summer...so in like 3 weeks.

magus113 04-25-2010 10:04 PM

Well since the podcast never ended up coming around by this weekend I'd definitely like to look into recording at some point this week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me during the day and night, and Monday/Wednesday are good for me for nights only. I figure we might want and get a set date and time narrowed down early on for the sake of this week and future recordings as well.

Also Keaton, we're having some trouble finding out where you are man! You were a good host for the first ep but we gotta know when you're around.

If you're gonna have trouble with accessibility just let us know so we can possibly look into getting a replacement host for an episode or two in advance.

uber_paddler 04-25-2010 10:22 PM

I'm good to go whenever everyone else is. Of course, I'm scared to say anything else for fear Roy Mustang will fry my punk ass.

magus113 04-25-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uber_paddler (Post 267744)
I'm good to go whenever everyone else is. Of course, I'm scared to say anything else for fear Roy Mustang will fry my punk ass.

I would be afraid too. Fuckin' guy is crazy.

Bube 04-26-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 267675)
What? Why?

Because PT is my favorite band ever, and I've never had a chance to see them.. If only they'd come here, anywhere in the country..

magus113 04-26-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 267777)
Because PT is my favorite band ever, and I've never had a chance to see them.. If only they'd come here, anywhere in the country..

Aw man I'm sorry to hear...I know it's not a great comfort to hear it but at least the show was great! They performed The Incident in it's entirety and a bunch of other old shit.

It was also the first time they've come to Miami so it's taken them a pretty long time for them to get the hell over here.

Bube 04-27-2010 09:22 AM

I've never heard of their shows being anything less than great :(

Glad to hear at least one fan here got to see PT :)

I'd love to hear Anesthetize, btw..

magus113 04-27-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube (Post 267819)
I've never heard of their shows being anything less than great :(

Glad to hear at least one fan here got to see PT :)

I'd love to hear Anesthetize, btw..

They started playing Russia on Ice and then out of nowhere in the middle of it they threw out Anesthetize. It was pretty epic.

BreakABone 04-27-2010 04:12 PM

So for the time being, we can assume that Keaton has gone AWOL, so is there anyone else who wants to step into the shoes of host for a bit?

Granted, we didn't really work out with the rotation either. I don't know

magus113 04-27-2010 04:37 PM

I don't mind stepping in, I can be a regular host if the situation arises.

BreakABone 04-27-2010 11:55 PM

Okay since last week went without a podcast, we shall shelve the idea of a video game cartoon episode.

This week's episode will be a look at the summer movie season with the first major release of Iron Man 2 out next week, we look at the big movies, what we expect to be good, and wha we expect to bomb. Etc

dietele 04-28-2010 12:30 AM

I'm totally down for a Summer Movie show. I'm new to the whole community, and the concept of being part of a podcast, but I'm still in.

I don't know what the recording schedules are like, but I can probably make myself available if given enough notice.

magus113 04-28-2010 05:59 PM

Anyone down to do a recording tomorrow? I've got most of the day and a quick job interview at 5.

uber_paddler 04-28-2010 06:44 PM

Again, I'm not the best person to talk about upcoming movies, but if no one else is going to do it then I can.

BreakABone 04-28-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uber_paddler (Post 267923)
Again, I'm not the best person to talk about upcoming movies, but if no one else is going to do it then I can.

That's cool, I think you can sit this one out, if not mistaken. I think we have Magus, Xantar and Dietle. (And Keaton if he shows up)

And just so everyone is on the same page, most major movies

Iron Man 2
Robin Hood
MacGruber
Shrek Forever
Prince of Persia
Sex and the City 2
The A-Team
The Karate Kid
Jonah Hex
Toy Story 3
Twilight 3 (this can't be right?)