GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Bube 07-10-2008 07:54 AM

Re: Last movies you saw

I watched Hancock last night. Liked it. Too lazy to write a review. 7/10

bobcat 07-10-2008 08:05 AM

i saw hancock, 5/10

Acebot44 07-10-2008 05:32 PM

Saw The Wackness last night after tickets to the sneak peak of Tropic Thunder sold out...and I'm incredibly glad I did. My friends who managed to get in to see TT, came out really disappointed, but this post is about The Wackness, so I'll leave that be.

The Wackness, for lack of a better word, was the Dopeness. This is mainly because of three things that I believe always make a movie great.

1) Ben Kingsley. Gandhi did it again! His portrayal of Mr. Dr. Jefferey Squires, a psychiatrist with a chronic addiction to all kinds of colorful pills, was fantabulous! Oscar worthy no doubt.
2) Coming of Age Story. This kinds of plots always get me good, and following Luke Shapiro as he tries to save his families home by selling copious amounts of ganja in the heart of New York while also falling in love with his Psychiatrists step-daughter in thoroughly enjoyable to say the least.
3) Soundtrack. Based in the 1994, the movie makes references to Notorious B.I.G's debut album "Ready to Die" and is chalk full of early 90s hip hop...and the good kind too like ATCQ and Nas. There is even a bit of David Bowie at the end haha.

Check this flick out. Maybe its my love of these three things that kinda skew it into a positive light on my part, but the people I caught it with enjoyed it to.

Fox 6 07-10-2008 09:26 PM

Saw WALL E this morning. It was pretty damn funny. Good flick, despite all the crying babies.

Swan 07-11-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 233462)
Saw WALL E this morning. It was pretty damn funny. Good flick, despite all the crying babies.

Yeah, I hate those...things

Seth 07-11-2008 01:51 AM

thanks acebot for naming that movie. I had read about it a long time ago but forgot the title.
wall-e was good

uber_paddler 07-11-2008 02:06 AM

I'm not gonna lie, I honestly think that little five minute Magician short was the best part of the movie.

Vampyr 07-12-2008 12:53 AM

I just got back from seeing Hellboy II. It was -amazing-. Easily better than the first, which is saying something because I enjoyed the first one. Some of the coolest creatures and most interesting characters, along with a very good story line, with some really hilarious comic relief thrown in. It really felt like a comic book turned into a movie.

The only gripe I could possibly have about it were a few instances of sub-par acting (The Elf princess woman, usually).

Bond 07-12-2008 04:04 PM

I saw Wall-E this morning. 10/10. Adorable and a wonderful social commentary.

Swan 07-13-2008 03:13 AM

Saw Beowulf today, it was an alright movie.

I honestly felt nothing spectacular abou tit

Dyne 07-14-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 233692)
Saw Beowulf today, it was an alright movie.

I honestly felt nothing spectacular abou tit

I didn't really think it was fantastic either, but you totally missed the wow factor of being in a hot, groggy imax watching it in full 3D. It was pretty awesome then.

BreakABone 07-14-2008 03:09 PM

I saw MAd Money.
I enjoyed.
Even if it was Fun with Dick and Jane meets the OCeans

Swan 07-14-2008 11:26 PM

Yeah I didn't realize it had been in 3D until the scene where there is a spear right at the screen. Quite hilarious out of 3D.

He also seemed like he was going to get naked everytime he fought something

Angrist 07-18-2008 02:40 PM

I tried watching No Country For Old Men, but it started with 2 graphical murders and probably the shooting of a deer, so I turned it off.

I went with Snakes on a Plane instead... a bit mindless, but entertaining.

Dyne 07-18-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 234389)
I tried watching No Country For Old Men, but it started with 2 graphical murders and probably the shooting of a deer, so I turned it off.

I went with Snakes on a Plane instead... a bit mindless, but entertaining.

Wait, so.. Snakes on a Plane wasn't graphical with snakes going through people's eyes and shit?