GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21377)

BreakABone 12-15-2010 10:12 PM

Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

We haven't really been able to sustain a TV thread since LOST concluded so I figured like the last movie you saw thread, we'd have a general purpose TV show where you can post impressions of recent episodes or new shows you're checking out.

As always there will be exceptions like The Walking Dead Thread.

Anyhow, the Christmas episodes of TV shows this year have been fantastic, The Office, Community and How I Met Your Mother all hit them out of the park.

The Germanator 12-15-2010 10:34 PM

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

Now that Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, and Walking Dead have ended...there's not much going on. Still watching Office, 30 Rock, and How I Met Your Mother. Getting caught up on first season of Modern Family which is pretty great. Also been watching the new Top Chef: All Stars.

Other than that it's College Bowl/Division I-AA playoff time. Along with the NFL/NHL/College Basketball.

Angrist 12-16-2010 06:08 AM

I'm watching Castle (season 1), The Simpsons (current season) and maybe I'll watch Flash Forward. Is it good enough to spend my limited amount of time on?

Teuthida 12-16-2010 09:07 AM

Watched all of Arrested Development last week while sick.

On TV now:

The Office, 30 Rock, Community, How I Met Your Mother as were mentioned.

Men Of A Certain Age. Second season. Quite enjoyable.

Misfits. Great. What Heroes should have been.

Bakuman. Meh. But I'm obsessed with the manga so will take what I can get.

The Germanator 12-16-2010 09:23 AM

Despite it being canceled after one season, I've heard great things about the show "Terriers" that was on FX. Maybe worth watching once I run out of everything else, though I have a ton of Netflix streaming to catch up on.

Acebot44 12-16-2010 09:41 PM

Yeah I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and really liked it. A shame that it got canceled, but I had a feeling it would

BreakABone 01-04-2011 12:55 PM

I know Bond and Swanny saw it, but did anyone else catch last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother? Complete blindside. :(

The Germanator 01-04-2011 02:50 PM

Yep, I saw it too. Pretty wild ending.

Professor S 01-04-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 274283)
I know Bond and Swanny saw it, but did anyone else catch last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother? Complete blindside. :(

I'm about the same age as the people on the show, and Marshall's life kind of parallels mine in a lot of ways. The revelation at the end made me cry harder than I have in a LONG time. Its my biggest fear right now.

Bond 01-04-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 274283)

I think I actually ruined it for him, so let's pretend that never happened.

TheSlyMoogle 01-17-2011 11:18 PM

Started watching "The Cape"

I want to like it, but it's just garbage so far really.

Bube 01-24-2011 02:41 PM

Watching HIMYM, The Office, House and Fringe. And buying Simpsons on DVD when I get the chance.

Also want to start watching X-files and Futurama.

Angrist 01-24-2011 05:16 PM

Some people call Castle the House of detectives. If you run out of shows, go watch Castle!

The Germanator 01-24-2011 08:25 PM

Started watching "Spaced" with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Pretty funny. Easy to get through these British shows because there's usually only about 14 episodes.

KillerGremlin 01-28-2011 03:34 AM

Archer Season 2 started up. Been keeping up with Modern Family as well. And Chuck...which is beginning to feel a bit like the Office in the sense that by resolving the show's central conflict you remove all the truly interesting plot lines. On that tangent:
Fuck The Office.